It’s obvious why the British have chosen Chicken Tikka Masala their national dish. This simple recipe will help you create a mouthwatering chicken tikka masala dish that is sure to garner rave reviews. Vegetarians – swap out the chicken for paneer for a veg-friendly option.
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 giant scoop of plain whole yogurt
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin powde
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp. cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1″ of ginger peeled and minced
- 1 Spanish onion diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups of canned tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the spices and the yogurt together.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the marinade.
- Refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least half an hour.
- Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan and keep it on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and once it begins to sizzle, add the chopped ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Saute the onions for about ten minutes until they are a translucent, golden brown colour.
- Mix in the fresh tomatoes and gently increase the heat to medium-high. Add the salt and canned tomato sauce; mix well.
- Add the ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and coriander powder. Stir and lower the heat again.
- Place the chicken breasts on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Pop it in the oven at 375F for fifteen minutes. Then, broil the chicken for five minutes, for a crispy texture.
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add the most undercooked chicken into the sauce first to allow it to cook through. Add the rest of the chicken and stir.
- Pour ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream for a creamy texture. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Was the How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala recipe easy to follow? Share with us in the comments section!